ECGrid Forums  

Go Back   ECGrid Forums > Electronic Commerce > ECGridOS > ECGridOS Developer

ECGridOS Developer Development related posts.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:19 AM

Default How do we move a customer to ECGrid in praxis?

Hi

I know this is a little off topic for the forum, but I am probably not the only newbee wondering.

I have a customer who is today connected to GXS through a VPN/ftp connection. As their VPN is unstable they are looking for something different. I would like to propose ECGrid, but I am not sure how we move the customer to ECGrid in praxis.

My understanding is, that the customer should contact GXS to have the GLN released from them, and then we should run a TPMove to move the GLN to the current mailbox. Will TPMove have to be coordinated with the release from GXS (we don't want to loose any packages)?

After that I assume we should run a TPAddVAN for all the Tradingpartners still on GXS (unless they are already known)

Will GXS have to set up some new routing to ECNet for the GLN being moved, or is that done automatically? Or will the Tradingpartners still on GXS have to do something? How about tradingpartners on other networks that has been contacting the GLN on GXS?

Or are all these things handled manually by NetOps?

Any help on this would be highly appriciated; maybe a diagram of some sort (who does what when)....... and again my appologies for being slightly off topic.

Thanks and regards
Jesper Carstensen
Old 06-21-2011, 10:43 PM
ECGrid NetOps

Send a message via MSN to Crystal Kuczynski Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal Kuczynski

Hi Jesper -

First, let me say thank you for your interest in ECGridOS! I'm going to answer your question at a high level and then let Todd address the ECGridOS API calls.

When migrating an ID or ID's off of GXS, there are really 2 options. One is to go through the standard migration process which for GXS takes a minimum of 5 business days. During this process, their sales team will call to attempt to retain them as a customer.

The other option is to use a new ID or ID's. Sometimes this is feasible for a customer, sometimes it's not. It is completely your call. Using a new ID or ID's can be done the same business day.

If your customer decides to use a new ID, obviously the trading partners will need to be notified to begin using the new ID on a certain date and time. We take care of the rest with the other VANs.

If your customer decides to go through the migration process, GXS will move all of the current partnerships they have on their network at the time the migration is completed.

I would be happy to schedule a call to discuss more specifics regarding your individual customer at your convenience. Please let me know if you have further questions!

Thank you!
crystalk@ecgrid.com

Last edited by Todd Gould; 06-21-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Send a message via Skype™ to Todd Gould

I would like to further emphasize that at this time Migrations should be referred to NetOps, rather than be managed through the API. In a future version of the API we will introduce functions specifically designed to manage migrations.

In a migration there are two items to be addressed:

1a) Moving your customer's ID or IDs from their current VAN to ECGrid
1b) Creating a new ID or IDs for your customer on ECGrid
2) Rerouting all your customer's trading partner traffic to ECGrid.

As each VAN has it's quirks, it is best to manage this process through NetOps.

Using the API to set up new partnerships is very effective and makes use of the InterconnectAdd() and other APIs.

-=tg=-

Last edited by Todd Gould; 06-21-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Tags
move, van