ECGrid Forums  

Go Back   ECGrid Forums > Electronic Commerce > ECGridOS > ECGridOS Developer

ECGridOS Developer Development related posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2010, 10:38 AM
dkyle dkyle is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Raymond I.T. Group, Inc.
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to dkyle
Default AS2 Connection

I have some AS2 questions and forgive me if these are basic questions but I don't really know that much about it and like most things it became a necessity to learn quickly when a trading partner wanted to business with a company that does AS2.

1.) AS2 uses certificates.
- Can this certificate be self signed?
2.) I know that ECGridOS supports AS2
- Do I need to have AS2 setup on my system (which brings up many other questions) and then ECGrisOS forwards based on the AS2 url I provide?
- Does ECGridOS's support of AS2 mean I don't need an in-house solution. This would be the best case scenario in which AS2 connections would come to the mailbox ready for download much like the X12.56 Mailbag protocol works.
3.) TP - VAN, VAN - VAN, TP - TP
- Are all of these options for AS2 connectivity or am I totally confused about how AS2 works?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Todd Gould's Avatar
Todd Gould Todd Gould is offline
Loren Data Corp.
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loren Data Corp.
Posts: 303
Send a message via Skype™ to Todd Gould
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
I have some AS2 questions and forgive me if these are basic questions but I don't really know that much about it and like most things it became a necessity to learn quickly when a trading partner wanted to business with a company that does AS2.
Basic questions are the easiest, and when addressed here in the Forum are a great way for others to find the same answers when they need them.

First, AS2 is one of several communication paths into ECGrid which we call ECGridAS2. The native ECGridOS communication path is through the ParcelUpload() and ParcelDownload() set of APIs.

For every trading partner relationships there are two connections to ECGrid.

The first is for your side (you directly or your customer). If pure ECGridOS, then you can use the ParcelUpload()/ParcelDownload() or configure AS2 or FTP or whatever with our Networks Operations staff (netops@ecgrid.com).

The second connection if for your trading partner. If they already have a relationship with a VAN, then that is our preferred route. The data would route through our Interconnect with that VAN. If your partner does not use a VAN and needs to negotiate a direct connection with ECGrid the Networks Operations staff. We may already have a connection with that trading partner, so it is worth dropping a line to NetOps. Be sure to include your trading partners Qualifier/ID or GLN.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
1.) AS2 uses certificates.
- Can this certificate be self signed?
ECGridAS2 accepts all certificates, including self-signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
2.) I know that ECGridOS supports AS2
- Do I need to have AS2 setup on my system (which brings up many other questions) and then ECGrisOS forwards based on the AS2 url I provide?
AS2 is an option. You can also use the secure Upload/Download functions noted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
- Does ECGridOS's support of AS2 mean I don't need an in-house solution. This would be the best case scenario in which AS2 connections would come to the mailbox ready for download much like the X12.56 Mailbag protocol works.
How your trading partner connects to us (VAN Interconnect, AS2, etc.) has no impact on how you connect to us. So if you use the native ECGridOS Upload/Download you need no additional communications software or configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
3.) TP - VAN, VAN - VAN, TP - TP
- Are all of these options for AS2 connectivity or am I totally confused about how AS2 works?
AS2 is simply a communications protocol like FTP. It only appertains to the two points connecting to each other. ECGrid is a message routing hub, so each party that connects to it with its own protocols (VPN, VAN, AS2, FTP, HTTPS, etc.) and the data routes independently. You only need to worry about how you connect to ECGrid. One connection connects you to everyone.

-=tg=-
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
as2, certificates, communication, connectivity, van


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get NetworkID for AS2 connection CovalentWorks ECGridOS Developer 1 04-16-2010 11:53 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ECGrid® is a registered service mark of Loren Data Corp.