ECGrid Forums  

Go Back   ECGrid Forums > Electronic Commerce > ECGridOS > ECGridOS Developer

ECGridOS Developer Development related posts.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 AM

Default XML via AS2

If a Trading Partner needs to receive XML via an AS2 connection, can the Partner be setup as a mailbox on your AS2 Network connection and then we can use the ParcelUploadEX function to upload directly from our clients mailbox into the Trading Partners Mailbox - in effect the Trading Partners AS2 connection - is this possible?

Also is it possible for a ParcelUploadEXGZip version too?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Send a message via Skype™ to Todd Gould

As the system is now, we can definitely route XML uploaded through ParcelUploadEx() to an AS2-connected mailbox. However, the data in that AS2 mailbox will have an ISA/IEA envelope wrapped around the XML. That is what ParcelDownloadInner() is for, to strip out the ISA/IEA.

If they can strip the ISA/IEA after the AS2 download, then there is not problem. I can look into the possibility of modifying the internal Network/Mailbox processing routines to strip out the ISA/IEA when a file posted by ParcelUploadEx() is detected. The only complication I see is the proper handling the change in byte-count.

As for adding GZip compression to both ParcelUploadEx() and ParcelDownloadInner(), that is a great idea and the code change should not be that difficult. I will see what I can do about including that in the next update.

-=tg=-
Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 AM

Todd,

The ISA envelope has to be removed, especially if a client is uploading via the web service an XML file to be sent on via AS2 to a trading partner who is only receiving the data via AS2 (and not using the API).

When do you see the stripping of the envelope on XML files being available?
Also, can the AS2/processing handle any file format if we tell it which mailbox to post into?

Would you be able to receive via AS2 from a Trading Partner an XML file that has to be delivered to a particular clients mailbox?