ECGrid Forums  

Go Back   ECGrid Forums > Electronic Commerce > ECGridOS > ECGridOS Developer

ECGridOS Developer Development related posts.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:51 AM

Default Upgrade from ECGridOS 2.2 to 2.3

Hi,

I've been warned that I need to upgrade our tools to use version 2.3 of ECGridOS. Is there a guide somewhere about what to look out for during such an upgrade?

I tried to just change the reference to the webservice to reference the 2.3 version, but I found that when I use the 2.3 version I cannot see my Trading IDs with TPList. That caused an avalance of questions:

Are the 2.2 VAN and the 2.3 VAN separate?
Do we have to move the Trading IDs to the 2.3 VAN?
How?
What else do we have to move?
Have you got a standard application that can move all information for a mailbox to the 2.3 version?

Or am I just being daft and doing something wrong?

Best regards
Jesper Carstensen
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Loren Data Corp.

Send a message via Skype™ to Todd Gould

Jesper,

All updates to ECGridOS are documented in this thread. v2.3 updates start at the bottom of the first page.

There are no separate VANs, so no need to move data. ECGridOS is the shell into the core system.

I reserve "dot" updates for Class Object and Function Parameter changes. "Build" updates are for bug fixes. This helps prevent the problem you are having right now from occurring mid-release.

If you can post the line in your code calling TPList(), I'll take a look and let you know what needs to be fixed.

BTW, the next update after v2.3 will be a whole new major revision to v3.0. Lots of amazing stuff coming up. v2.3 is stable enough to stay with while you work on moving to v3.0 when released. However, there are major bugs in v2.2 and v2.1, and I need everyone to move up to v2.3 as soon as possible.

Thank you for developing with ECGridOS.

-=tg=-
Old 10-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Hi Todd

The code I am running is shown below. If I run this with the 2.2 the TradingIDs() gets the length of 2 as expected, if I run the same code with the 2.3 the length is 0 (I have cleared the password as I am posting in an open forum)

Dim ecgridos As New net.ecgridos.ECGridOSAPIv2
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Dim SessionID As String = ecgridos.Login("TasteTokyo", "#######")
Dim TradingIDs() As net.ecgridos.ECGridIDInfo = ecgridos.TPList(SessionID, True)
End Sub

Rgds
Jesper
Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Loren Data Corp.

There is a change of functionality here. Let me explain.

For each NetworkID on ECGrid there is a default MailboxID=0. That is a valid Mailbox for each Network. Your NetworkAdmin is assigned to MailboxID=0 on your network.

In previous versions of ECGridOS, passing MailboxID=0 to a function returned all records within the Network. That posed a problem where MailboxID=0 was an active Mailbox and there were other MailboxIDs on the Network. There was no way to list only the records (whether it be Parcels, Trading Partners, etc.) that were in MailboxID=0.

In v2.3 we normalized using MailboxID=-1 to return a result for all Mailboxes on a Network.

Since TPList() uses your Session NetworkID and MailboxID as parameters, you are internally passing MailboxID=0 to the system call. As all your ECGridIDs are in Mailboxes <> 0, you now get no records returned.

The fix is to use TPListEx(SessionID, NetworkID, MailboxID, ShowInactive) and include your NetworkID and MailboxID=0 as parameters.

The purpose of TPList() and all the functions w/o the Ex extension is to allow you to write code that will automatically pull the desired data for each MailboxUser that logs into the system w/o having to code in their NetworkID and MailboxID for each call. Everything works simply on their login credentials.

What that does do; however, is require a bit of extra coding when working at the Network level.

While writing this, it does give me an idea. I will look into the possibility of assigning a MailboxID=-1 to NetworkAdmins which might actually be an elegant solution to this problem.

Would you be interested in me changing your MailboxID=-1 for your Admin account and see what happens?

-=tg=-
Old 10-25-2011, 11:27 AM

Hmmm, I am not sure this makes complete sense to me.....

What I am trying is to get the TP-IDs that are assigned to my mailbox... the mailbox I am logging in to. Exactly what the TPList without ex is made for as far as I read your answer.... but it does not return anything.

Will TPList() ever return anything?

Anyway, I have changed my code as shown below

Dim SessionID As String = ecgridos.Login("TasteTokyo", "#######")
Dim SessionInfo As net.ecgridos.SessionInfo = ecgridos.WhoAmI(SessionID)
Dim TradingIDs() As net.ecgridos.ECGridIDInfo = ecgridos.TPListEx(SessionID, SessionInfo.NetworkID, SessionInfo.MailboxID, True)

and now I get the expected result. Is this the "right" way to do it?

Rgds
Jesper
Old 10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Loren Data Corp.

Jesper,

OK, that confused me, too. I found it. There actually seems to be a bug that has crept into the code with TPList. It will be corrected in v3.0. For now, please use TPListEx.

I will see if there is a way I can roll back development to v2.3 and get a patch in place.

My apologies for the problems.

-=tg=-
Old 10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Thumbs up Bug Fixed

The bug with TPList() and TPSearch() in v2.3 (Build 36) has been resolved. Please refer to this post.

-=tg=-

Tags
upgrade