ECGrid Forums  

Go Back   ECGrid Forums > Electronic Commerce > ECGridOS > ECGridOS Developer

ECGridOS Developer Development related posts.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Send a message via Skype™ to Todd Gould
Default Administrative Workflow

This thread is to outline example administrative workflow use cases.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Default Creating a New Customer Mailbox

When provisioning a new customer mailbox, the following is an example work-flow:
  1. Login() as a NetworkUser or NetworkAdmin
  2. MailboxAdd() Since this is for a new client, first create the Mailbox using the current user's UserID which you can get from WhoAmI(), save the returned MailboxID
  3. UserAdd() using the new MailboxID, save the returned UserID. Repeat if you have more than one user assigned to the Mailbox.
  4. Optionally assign the new user(s) with MailboxOwnerContact(), MailboxErrorsContact(), MailboxInterconnectsContact() and MailboxNoticesContact().

Last edited by Todd Gould; 09-21-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Default Adding a Trading Partner to the Global ECGrid Directory

There is sample code available in the documentation which demonstrates how to add a Trading Partner to ECGrid.

Last edited by Todd Gould; 09-21-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Default Create an Interconnect

There is sample code available that demonstrates a sample work-flow on how to create an Interconnect.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:40 PM

Default Document Workflow

IT seems ParcelUpload added the trading partner in my EDI file automatically. I did not have to do a TPAdd(). I did a TPList beforehand that returned an empty object. Then I tried to do a ParcelUpload, using the test QID ZZ*ECGRID in the ISA recipient segment, and ZZ*SUPERIORPROD as the sender QID. This is not our actual QID; I'm not sure what it is yet, I'm looking into it. But then I got a response email with subject "ECGrid Interconnect Request...", showing the two parties. And TPList shows SUPERIORPROD as a trading partner.

1. Why did it automatically add the sender in my file as a trading partner?
2. Do I not need to set up a trading partner as long as a new QID is encountered in a file?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:52 PM

Default workflow clarification

My edi requirements right simply consist of receiving a PO (850), then sending three other documents back to sender when appropriate.

Do I need to set up a mailbox for this sender to send the PO's to, this being where I downloaded them from?

OR

Does all in and outbound traffic happen in my mailbox, and I have to determine what is coming in to download?

Do I just have to push the response documents (855,865,810) to my mailbox via ParcelUpload? Do they delete automatically once they have been transferred?

Thanks for all your help

Jeremy
Old 03-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydegardeyn View Post
1. Why did it automatically add the sender in my file as a trading partner?
The system receives "unknown" IDs from the VANs all the time, so it automatically registers them as "unknowns" but does register the ID. There is no name associated with them and they are suspect until confirmed.

Also, there is no guarantee that the data will go through due to all sorts of Interconnect requirements by the VANs.

Safer to always TPAdd() then InterconnectAdd() before sending data. However, we are working towards the day that this can all be automated by just sending data...

Quote:
2. Do I not need to set up a trading partner as long as a new QID is encountered in a file?
The problem is that this may generate an Interconnect Request to the other side, and if your ID is not labeled properly with your company name, there is a good chance that it will be rejected or delayed by the other side.

Overall, it is an automation we would like to see, but getting cooperation on the other end will be the biggest challenge.

-=tg=-
Old 03-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Quote:
My edi requirements right simply consist of receiving a PO (850), then sending three other documents back to sender when appropriate.

Do I need to set up a mailbox for this sender to send the PO's to, this being where I downloaded them from?

OR

Does all in and outbound traffic happen in my mailbox, and I have to determine what is coming in to download?
All inbound and outbound happen in the same mailbox, but it is subdivided into In and Out. You can use the various ParcelInBox() functions to see what is pending and use ParcelDownload() selectively choose files to process in specific ways. In the class objects you can find trading partner and transaction information.

Quote:
Do I just have to push the response documents (855,865,810) to my mailbox via ParcelUpload? Do they delete automatically once they have been transferred?
Yes, just push the response using ParcelUpload(), they are then processed and there is no delete function; however, with ParcelDownload() you do need to run ParcelDownloadConfirm() to remove them from the active queue.

-=tg=-