ECGrid Forums  

Go Back   ECGrid Forums > Electronic Commerce > ECGridOS > ECGridOS Developer

ECGridOS Developer Development related posts.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:51 PM

Default Testing of ParcelUpload() and ParcelInBoxEx()

To test the ParcelUpload() method, I created two test trading partners (63*63887766555 and 64*64778822123) that belong to our own network (NetworkID 1007). I interconnected them (is it necessary to do so?), then I called the ParcelUpload() method, passing in the proper parameters. I got this ParcelID back from the method call: 225302692.

To view the parcel on ECGrid's server, I called the ParcelInBoxEx() method, passing in my sessionID, NetworkID (1007), and MailboxID of -1 (to see parcels of all mailboxes in my Network). For some odd reason ParcelIDInfo[] is always returned as an empty array when I make the ParcelInBoxEx() call. What did I do wrong? Did I configure my data incorrectly? What's the best way to test ParcelUpload() and ParcelInBoxEx()?

Here's my ISA header:
ISA*00* *00* *63*63887766555 *64*64778822123 *130723*1516*^*00501*000000155*0*P*>~

The file name is called 63to64Simplified.EDI.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Loren Data Corp.

Send a message via Skype™ to Todd Gould

OK, this is a little complex.

It seems there is an AS2 connection configured to your Root Mailbox (MailboxID := 0). Our system is attempting to send anything delivered to that Mailbox to your AS2 connection; however, the certificate we have on file is expired.

What seems to be happening, is that as soon as you receive in the Mailbox, the Parcel is being downloaded to the AS2 server. This marks it as "downloaded."

Prior to ECGridOS v3.0 once downloaded, it would not show up in the ParcelInBox() and ParcelInBoxEx() functions. This behavior was corrected in v3.0 and now shows up as expected until you run ParcelConfirm().

I strongly recommend that you move development to v3.0 (https://ecgridos.net/v3.0/prod/ecgridos.asmx) as soon as you can. There are many bug fixes and inhancements. My apologies that the documentation is lagging, but the WSDL should point you in the right direction.

Since your AS2 is effectively off-line right now, I'm going to disable it so it does not intefere with your ECGridOS calls.

I have reset the parcel in question to the UNdownloaded state. It should now show up in your call using v2.3.

-=tg=-
Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 AM

Thanks for the detailed explanation Todd!

It looks like disabling our AS2 connection did the trick! Now, after calling ParcelUpload() (using v2.3), I could actually see the parcel on the server using ParcelInBoxEx(). I was able to download the file by calling ParcelDownload(). It's odd that the file was still there when I called ParcelInBoxEx() again. I had to call ParcelDownloadConfirm() to remove the file from the server (which was what we were doing before with v2.3).

It looks like the bug might have been fixed in v2.3. The system is behaving as expected without upgrading to v3.0.

We will upgrade to v3.0 when we have enough resources. Right now, we are working on fixing existing functionalities and we don't want to miss our deadline.

Thanks again for your prompt response!

Hong