ECGrid Forums  

Go Back   ECGrid Forums > Electronic Commerce > ECGridOS > ECGridOS Developer

ECGridOS Developer Development related posts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2011, 10:19 AM

Default How do we move a customer to ECGrid in praxis?

Hi

I know this is a little off topic for the forum, but I am probably not the only newbee wondering.

I have a customer who is today connected to GXS through a VPN/ftp connection. As their VPN is unstable they are looking for something different. I would like to propose ECGrid, but I am not sure how we move the customer to ECGrid in praxis.

My understanding is, that the customer should contact GXS to have the GLN released from them, and then we should run a TPMove to move the GLN to the current mailbox. Will TPMove have to be coordinated with the release from GXS (we don't want to loose any packages)?

After that I assume we should run a TPAddVAN for all the Tradingpartners still on GXS (unless they are already known)

Will GXS have to set up some new routing to ECNet for the GLN being moved, or is that done automatically? Or will the Tradingpartners still on GXS have to do something? How about tradingpartners on other networks that has been contacting the GLN on GXS?

Or are all these things handled manually by NetOps?

Any help on this would be highly appriciated; maybe a diagram of some sort (who does what when)....... and again my appologies for being slightly off topic.

Thanks and regards
Jesper Carstensen

Tags
move, van